BENEFITS OF CVI VACUUM FURNACES
- The most advanced Vacuum furnace technology in the World!
- Extensive customer list of proven world leaders have chosen CVI for their custom designs.
- Custom size vacuum furnace units designed for your exact process specifications.
- In-house manufacturing of Hot Zones and critical subcomponents (not subcontracted to third parties), mean better quality and shorter deliveries.
- The largest Engineering and Field Service staff in the custom vacuum furnace industry mean faster deliveries and faster service response times.
- Chosen by the US Government and Fortune 500 firms for contracts over $10 million for Industrial furnaces and Nuclear-related vacuum furnaces.
- Strong Background in Automation and Controls; Inert and Process Gas systems; and process knowledge that comes from decades of sintering a variety of Metals and Non-Oxide Ceramics materials.
- Extensive debinding experience with over 300 different binder systems for metals and ceramics processes, using trapping, condensation, or thermal destruction techniques.
- Over 65 different furnace configurations – we can draw from one technology for use in other processes.
- CVI only utilizes high quality vendor’s equipment including Allen Bradley, Honeywell, Eurotherm, Yokogawa, Varian, Leybold, BOC Edwards, and Kinney.
- A base of over 6500 vacuum furnace units installed since 1954, with hundreds of units built during the 1970’s still in service.
- Complete support from design through furnace shipment and installation including turnkey installation if desired.
- We are committed to making our customers successful!
BENEFITS OF OWNERSHIP OF A CENTORR VACUUM INDUSTRIES FURNACE
Centorr Vacuum Industries' leading position has been achieved through high quality engineering and manufacturing for the application fields served. Centorr Vacuum Industries has introduced many furnace solutions over the years for applications including sintering, heat treating, arc melting, Chemical Vapor Deposition and Infiltration, Crystal Growth, Fiber Optic Drawing furnaces, and 3D/Additive Manufacturing, MIM and Continuous belt and pusher furnacing.
We have over 6500 vacuum furnace units in the field. This is the largest user base of any custom high temperature furnace manufacturer. Our vacuum furnaces serve many industries including aerospace/aviation, advanced ceramics, automotive medical, electronics, military and manufacturing/industrial. Centorr Vacuum Industries has an established reputation for supplying advanced design high-temperature vacuum and controlled environment processing equipment which is expertly crafted and field-proven for dependable operation. In our last review we found over 70% of the units built since 1954 are still in service and operational, which is a testament to their design and durability.
Centorr Vacuum Industries furnaces achieve up to 95% uptime (including scheduled maintenance). This means you can count on them for consistent production with confidence.
We have the largest engineering group in our market niche for custom vacuum furnaces, and our in-house Electrical Engineering department writes and codes all our own custom software programming ensuring tight integration with the furnace operation. Compare this with competitors who subcontract out this work to third party firms not familiar with the furnace industry, and the result is a canned package that is not as user friendly, contains non-required features which only confuse and make operating the system more difficult.
CUSTOMIZATION OF VACUUM FURNACES FOR YOUR APPLICATION
This is probably our best advantage offered to our customer base. CVI is happy to build completely custom units. After a thorough interview of the customer's needs and process, we build a unit that is designed specifically for the customer. Options such as tray spacing, gas flow systems, power supply sizing for specific ramps rates, mass flow controllers, emergency or backup water system requirements, and a full complement of customized safeties and interlocks to ensure safe operation that meets with your own in-house specifications. No more settling for a furnace size that does not optimize your productivity, or results in excessive energy costs.
VACUUM FURNACE FIELD SERVICE
We have a fully staffed field service group that travels worldwide to ensure we have high quality, quick and responsive support for our customer base. This means short waits for routine field service and quick response in the case of shut-down conditions.
Compare this to companies with only a few field service engineers that take 1-2 months to schedule a visit.
CAPITAL EQUIPMENT BUSINESS STRENGTHS
CVI has the financial health and size to take on large jobs (ie – projects over $ 20 mill USD), without affecting its cash flow or manpower loading.
CVI is one of the last firms in the custom vacuum furnace market that still makes our own hot zones. We consider the hot zone the "heart" of the furnace and we have always designed and built these components in-house. Our staff of metal and graphite craftsmen have a combined experience of over 150 years of building vacuum furnace hot zones, and our large annual sales means attractive and competitive pricing from the major refractory metals suppliers and carbon/graphite machining houses.
DIVERSITY OF VACUUM FURNACE EXPERIENCE
On a Worldwide basis, users of Centorr Vacuum Industries' furnace equipment include leading government and private research organizations, universities, and manufacturing firms engaged in processing existing materials for improved properties or developing entirely new types of materials. Being on the ground floor of these new upcoming technologies gives us an advantage when scaling up the process for full scale productivity.
Over 60 years of experience in Ceramics and Metals processing means there are very few processes we haven't seen, or helped develop advance heat treatment and sintering processes for.
Having designed and built capital vacuum furnace equipment for over six decades means that we have extensive knowledge of what does and doesn’t work. This saves you time and costly mistakes when specifying equipment for new or unique processes.
Tap into our knowledge base, whether it’s about integrated debinding methods, reactions between product and furnace components, or gas flow rates required for process reactions.
EXACT BUILD SPECIFICATIONS
When your furnace has to be built right the first time and to exacting specifications, try CVI. We build between 40 to 50 standard and custom units each year and have the corporate mind-set and infrastructure to design a furnace from the ground floor up. Most companies shy away from all-new designs requiring substantial engineering and design resources. We specialize in and deliver prototype units that work!