BF SERIES Belt Furnace
Centorr/Vacuum Industries revolutionary Belt Furnace design is unlike any other continuous furnace on the market. Introduced in the early 1990's, this design combines the fast throughput of a continuous furnace, with the high temperature capability of a refractory metal or graphite-lined hot zone.
The cold wall chamber and water-cooled jail design ensures low ambient temperatures around the furnace, even when operating at temperatures up to 2000°C.
- Cold Wall Vacuum furnace design with stainless steel inner and outer jackets with baffled water cooling.
- Operation to 2000°C. Temperature uniformity of ± 5°C in uniform effective hot zone. Specials to 2800°C.
- Repeatable temperature profiles on every component produced.
- PLC with Industrial Programmable Controller or PC system using Intellution℡ FIX32 HMI software customized by Centorr/Vacuum Industries for continuous furnaces, with extensive data acquisition, and remote operation capabilities.
- Patented Tungsten mesh belt design with Molybdenum, Tungsten, or Tantalum metal hot zones.
- Novel Silicon Carbide link belt design for use with Graphite Board hot zone.
- Inert gas system or positive pressure Hydrogen gas system with burn-off towers at entrance and exit tunnels for reducing atmospheres.
- Cold wall design offers rapid heat up and cool down times (2-3 hours from RT - 2000°C) compared with 3-5 days for heat-up/cool-down of refractory hot wall units.
- Large cycle time reduction translating to excellent throughput. Typical 15 hr "door-to-door" batch furnace cycles can be reduced to 2-4 hr continuous furnace cycles with improved quality.
- Thin, low mass insulation system does not trap moisture while the system is cold, eliminating days of "conditioning" to control furnace dew point below -60°F.
- System designed for quick and easy access to the furnace hot zone for repairs and preventative maintenance.
- The smaller work cross section in a continuous furnace offers minimal thermal inertia compared to large batch furnaces, shortening cycle times.
|Uniform Effective Hot Zone|
WxHxL in (mm)
|Molybdenum Hot Zone||1550°C (2822°F)|
|Tungsten Hot Zone||1800°C (3270°F) Silicon Carbide Belt - 2000°C (3630°F) in Ar, N2/1800°C (3270°F) in Hydrogen W Mesh Belt|
|Graphite Hot Zone||1800°C (3270°F) Silicon Carbide Belt - 2200°C (3990°F) Graphite Cloth Fabric Belts - Specials to 2800°C (5072°F)|
|Belt Speed||0.4" - 6"/min (10-152mm/min)|
|Inert Gas Flow (slpm)||14||28||70||90||140||160||220|
|Approx. Power Supply Size Inert (Hydrogen)** KVA||25|
|Water Requirements gpm (liters)||7|
|Florr Space ft (m)||4x10|
*Custom sizes available upon request.
**Power is for shortest hot zone listed.
- Refractory Metals
- MIM components
- CE / VDE / TüV / CSA approvals and other non-U.S. standards for compliance.
- Rigid or Flexible water cooled busswork for improved maintenance and best electrical efficiency.
- Manual rotameter or Mass Flow Controllers for precise, repeatable gas flow.
- Optional Binder Removal System consisting of thermal oxidizer in dedicated debind zone with inner retort designed for durability, ease of replacement and low cost for efficient binder removal.
- Automatic loading and unloading conveyor system with optical proximity switch sensors for notification of work boats exiting the furnace.
- Improved densification, minimized weight loss (dissociation), and preferred crystallinity are all benefits in ceramic processing.